Online Banking Terms & Conditions
Reliance Bank - Online Banking Service Agreement
As a feature of your Reliance Bank Account(s), Reliance Bank ("Bank", "we" or "us") offers an Online Banking Service, which provides Internet access to your Account(s). This Agreement governs your use of the Services. This agreement also defines your rights and responsibilities under the Electronic Funds Transfer Act and Regulation E of the Federal Reserve Bank. PLEASE READ THE AGREEMENT CAREFULLY AND KEEP IT FOR YOUR RECORDS. BY REQUESTING AND USING THE ONLINE BANKING SERVICE, YOU HAVE AGREED TO COMPLY WITH AND BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. The Bank also agrees to the terms and conditions.
The following definitions apply in this Agreement.
- Online Banking - the Internet-based service providing access to your Reliance Bank Account(s).
- User Name and Password - Users who enroll for Online Banking for the first time will receive a randomly generated user name and password. This information will be communicated to the customer in two letters sent via US Mail in separate mailings. The intial user name may be changed after the first successful login. The initial password will expire after the first successful login, and will prompt you to change your password.
- Transfers - The process of moving funds from one account to another. Transfers can be made between checking, savings, money market accounts, certain lines of credits and transfers to make regular loan payments or payment directly to the principal.
- Cleared Date - The date the money for a transaction is deducted from your account.
- Issued Date - The date a transaction is issued. You can record the issued date on the Transaction Register screen.
- Transaction Date - The date a transaction takes place, also referred to as the "Trans Date" on the cleared item screen. The transaction date is the issued date on the Transaction Register.
- Business Day - Monday through Friday except bank holidays.
- Transmit Date - Date on which funds are deducted from your Account or the next Business Day if the scheduled date is not a Business Day. The Transmit Date is also the cleared date.
- Recurring Payment - Payments set up to be made weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annually or annually. Bi-weekly affects the account every other week, whereas semi-monthly affects the account only twice a month. The payment frequency for semi-monthly is paired 15 days apart.
Online Banking Service
The Online Banking Service may be used to:
- Access your account balances and review transactions.
- Transfer funds between your Reliance Bank Account(s). Transfers conducted between 7:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m., Monday-Friday, and 7:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. Saturday, will be processed and completed the same Business Day. Transfers conducted after 11:00 p.m. Monday thru Friday, after 8:00 p.m. Saturday, or on Sunday, will be processed and completed the next Business Day. Transfers conducted on a Non-Business Day will be processed and completed the next Business Day. Because regulations require the Bank to limit pre-authorized transfers, including Online Banking transfers from certain types of accounts, the following limitations apply:
- Statement savings account. You can make no more than six transfers per statement period by pre-authorized or automatic transfer or by telephone or Online Banking.
- Money Market savings account. You can make no more than six transfers per statement period by pre-authorized or automatic transfer or by telephone or Online Banking, and no more than three of the six permitted transfers may be by check, draft or Visa Check Card.
- Make regular loan payments by transferring funds from your related Reliance Bank Account(s). The outstanding principal balance is available for your on-line viewing. You can make a regular loan payment by transferring funds from your checking, statement savings or money market account to the loan. To obtain a loan payoff quote, please contact Loan Services at (814) 949-6285.
- Transfer funds from a personal or home equity line of credit to a related Reliance Bank account. You can review the current available balance and outstanding balance for the Personal and Home Equity Lines of Credit. You can also transfer available funds from those lines of credit to your checking, savings or money market accounts.
You will continue to receive your regular account statement either monthly or quarterly, depending on the type of account.
Use of Your User Name and Password
You agree not to allow anyone to gain access to the Services or to let anyone know your Password used with the Service. You agree to assume responsibility for all transactions initiated through the Service with your User Name (Tax Identification number) and Password, up to the limits allowed by applicable law.
Transmissions to and from this Website
Except where expressly indicated otherwise, transmissions to and from this Website or directed to Reliance Bank, including E-mails, are not sent in a secure form and can be intercepted by third parties and may not be immediately received by the appropriate business unit at Reliance Bank. Please do not use E-mail to send us communications which contain confidential information, which we require to be in writing, or which need our immediate attention. Please contact our Online Banking Support Specialists at the address and/or telephone numbers listed at the end of this section. Any transmission to this Website, including E-mails, shall be deemed and remain the property of Reliance Bank. Reliance Bank shall be free to use, for any purpose, any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques provided by a website user to Reliance Bank through this website.
If you send Reliance Bank an electronic mail message, we will review the e-mail no later than the next Business Day.
We strongly recommend that you do not use e-mail to communicate URGENT information; for example, if you need to report the theft of your password, an unauthorized transaction from one of your Accounts or if you need to stop a payment that is scheduled to occur. You agree that Reliance Bank may respond to you by electronic mail with regard to any matter related to the Service, including responding to any claim of unauthorized electronic funds transfer that you make. Any such electronic mail sent to you by Reliance Bank shall be considered received within three (3) calendar days of the date sent by Reliance Bank, regardless of whether or not you sign on to the Service within that time frame. You also agree that Reliance Bank may send information about other products and services to you by electronic mail.
Hours of Operation
The Service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, except during special maintenance periods. For purposes of transactions, Reliance Bank's Business Days are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
Reliance Bank may modify, amend or revise (collectively, "revise") this website and/or the terms and conditions applicable to any Service at any time and from time to time, without prior notice. The revised terms and conditions shall be effective on the date selected by Reliance Bank or at the earliest date allowed by applicable law. You are responsible for regularly reviewing these terms and conditions. Your continued use of this website or the Service following any revisions shall constitute your acceptance of the revisions and the revised terms and conditions. At its option, Reliance Bank may notify you of any revisions by any one or more of the following methods: by sending notice by first-class mail or electronic mail at the address shown on our records, by placing a statement message in the statement for any of your account(s) or by posting a notice on our internet site. You will be deemed to have received any notice by electronic mail three calendar days after it is sent.
You are responsible for complying with all the terms of this Agreement, with the terms of the agreement governing the deposit accounts which you access using the Services. We can terminate your electronic banking privileges under this Agreement without notice to you if you do not pay any fee required by this Agreement when due or if you do not comply with the agreement governing your deposit, loan accounts or other accounts, or any account is not maintained in good standing or if we have reason to believe that the Service has been subject to unauthorized or improper use. We will promptly notify you if we terminate this Agreement or your use of the services for any other reason.
If you are not paying a monthly service charge for the Services, we may convert your Service access to an inactive status if you do not sign on to the Service or have any transaction scheduled through the Service during any consecutive one hundred eighty (180) day period. If your Service access is considered inactive, you must contact us to have the Service activated before you will be able to use the Service.
To cancel the Online Banking, you must notify us and provide your name; address, and the effective date to stop the Service. You may notify us by one of the following methods:
- By sending an e-mail to email@example.com
- By calling (814) 949-6255 (inside 814) or 800-570-0876 (Option 8), 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday.
- By writing a letter and mailing it to:
Online Banking Support Specialists
1119 Twelfth Street
Altoona, PA 16601
If Your Password Has Been Lost or Stolen
If you believe your Password has been lost or stolen, contact the Online Banking Support immediately by calling (814) 949-6255 or 800-570-0876 (option 8), 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Local Standard Time, Monday through Friday. If you believe someone has transferred or may transfer money from your account without your permission, immediately call the Online Banking Support. If you tell us within two (2) Business Days after you discover that your Password has been lost or stolen, you will be liable for no more than $50 if someone uses your Password without your permission. If you do not tell us within two Business Days after you learn of the loss or theft of your Password, and we can prove we could have stopped someone from using your Password without your permission if you had told us, you could be liable for as much as $500. Liability limits may not apply if you provide your User Name and Password to someone who is not an authorized signor on the affected account(s).
If Your Statement Shows Transfers That You Did Not Make
If your statement shows transfers that you did not make or authorize, contact the Online Banking Support immediately by calling (814) 949-6255 or 800-570-0876 (option 8), 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Local Standard Time, Monday through Friday. If you do not notify us within sixty (60) days after the statement was mailed to you, you may not recover any money lost after the sixty (60) days which would not have been lost if we had been notified in time.
Bank Liability For Failure To Make a Transfer
If we do not complete a transfer to or from your account on time or in the correct amount according to our Agreement with you, we will be liable for the amount of any losses or damages incurred by you and resulting directly from such failure.
You agree that Reliance Bank will not be liable for failure to properly complete a transfer in the following instances:
- If through no fault of ours, your Account has insufficient funds to complete a transfer. If a transaction is processed against insufficient funds, you may have to repay the amount involved.
- If circumstances beyond our control (such as flood, fire or power outage) prevent the transfer.
- Your telephone, communication link or service was not working properly and you knew about the problem when you started the transfer.
- If your transfer authorization terminates by operation of law.
- If your funds are subject to legal process or other encumbrance restricting the transfer.
- If there is a hold on your account, or if access to your account is blocked, in accordance with banking policy.
- If you believe someone has accessed your accounts without your permission and you fail to notify us immediately.
- If we have a reasonable basis for believing that unauthorized use of your Password or account has occurred or may be occurring or if you default under this Agreement, the deposit account agreement or any other agreement with us, or if we or you terminate this Agreement.
- You have not properly followed the scheduling instructions on how to make a transfer included in this Agreement.
- If we have received incomplete or inaccurate information from you or a third party involving the account or transfer.
Reliance Bank will not be liable for any losses, resulting from circumstances over which we have no direct control, including, but not limited to, the failure of electronic or mechanical equipment or communications lines, telephone or other interconnect problems, operator errors, log-in sequences, severe weather, earthquakes, floods or other such events. You acknowledge that there are alternative methods for accessing the information and conducting the transactions provided by the Service, such as Telephone Banking and payment by check. In the event you should experience problems in accessing the Service, you will attempt to access such information and conduct such transactions by such alternative methods. There may be other exceptions stated in this Agreement and in other agreements with you. In no event shall we be liable for damages in excess of your actual loss due to our failure to complete a transfer, and we will not be liable for any indirect incidental or consequential damages.
Errors and Questions
In case of errors or questions regarding an Online Banking or Bill Payment transaction, contact our Online Banking Support Specialists at:
Telephone: (814) 949-6255
800-570-0876 (Option 8)
Write to: Reliance Bank
Online Banking Support Specialists
1119 Twelfth Street
Altoona, PA 16601
Notification should be as soon as possible. If you think your statement is wrong or you need more information about a transfer listed on your statement, we must hear from you at the specified telephone number or address no later than sixty (60) calendar days after we sent you the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared. We will need:
- Your name, account number, and dollar amount of the suspected error.
- A description of the error or the transfer in question and an explanation concerning why you believe it is an error or need more information.
If the report is made orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within ten (10) Business Days. We will notify you with the results of our investigation within ten (10) Business Days after you contact us and will correct the error promptly. If more time is needed, however, we may take up to forty-five (45) calendar days to investigate your complaint or question. If this occurs, we will provisionally re-credit your Account within ten (10) Business Days for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have use of the funds during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within ten (10) Business Days, we may not provisionally re-credit your Account until the investigation is completed and it is determined that an error did occur.
If your notice of error concerns a transaction that occurred during the first thirty (30) days after the first deposit to the account was made, the applicable time periods are twenty (20) business days in place of ten (10) business days and ninety (90) days in place of forty-five (45) days. We will tell you the results of our investigation within three (3) Business Days after completing our investigation. If we determine that no error occurred, we will send you a written explanation. You may request copies of the documents that we used in the investigation. If we provisionally re-credited funds to your Account and we determine there was no error, the funds will be withdrawn from your Account for the provisionally re-credited amount.
You agree that Reliance Bank may respond to you by electronic mail with regard to any claim of unauthorized electronic fund transfer related to the Service. Any such electronic mail sent to you by Reliance Bank shall be considered received within three (3) calendar days of the date sent by Reliance Bank, regardless of whether or not you sign on to the Service within that time frame.
Disclosure of Account Information to Third Parties
We will disclose information to third parties about your Account(s) or the transactions you make:
1. When it is necessary for completing a transaction; or
2. to verify the existence and condition of your account to a third party; or
3. to comply with a governmental agency or court orders; or
4. if you give us your written permission.
Information concerning your account history with Reliance Bank will be shared within the Reliance Bank organization. Other information, including information you have given us as part of an application for one of our products or services, or information we have received from a credit bureau or other third party, also may be shared within the Reliance Bank organization.
In addition to this Agreement, you and Reliance Bank agree to be bound by and comply with the requirements of the agreements applicable to each of your Online Accounts. Your use of the Online Banking Service is your acknowledgment that you have received these agreements and intend to be bound by them. You should review other disclosures received by you when you open your Account(s) at Reliance Bank including the charges that may be imposed for electronic funds transfers or the right to make transfers listed in the fee schedules accompanying those disclosures and the fee schedule at the end of this Agreement. We will automatically deduct the fees related to the Services from your designated Account each month.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania without regard to its conflict of laws provisions, and to the extent required, under federal Law.
Reliance Bank offers the benefits and convenience of our Online Banking service to you for free. Other fees may apply-please refer to the Schedule of Fees provided to you at account opening.
Your Computer and Software
To use the Service, you must have a personal computer, modem (or other communications equipment) and Software installed and working on your computer to access the Internet through an Internet Service Provider. In an effort to make it harder for unauthorized people to obtain your information being transmitted over the Internet, you web browser Software must provide encryption using a 128-bit key. It is your responsibility to install, maintain, and upgrade the computer, related equipment and Software for your use of the Services as needed. Reliance Bank is not responsible for errors or failures from any malfunction of your computer system or other related problems that may result, directly or indirectly, from you use of the service.
ALTHOUGH RELIANCE BANK ATTEMPTS TO PROVIDE ACCURATE INFORMATION, NAMES, IMAGES, PICTURES, LOGOS, ICONS, DOCUMENTS AND MATERIALS (COLLECTIVELY, THE "CONTENTS") ON ITS WEBSITE, IT MAKES NO REPRESENTATION, ENDORSEMENT OR WARRANTY THAT SUCH CONTENTS ARE ACCURATE OR SUITABLE FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE WEBSITE AND ITS CONTENTS ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. USE OF THE WEBSITE AND ITS CONTENTS IS AT THE USER'S SOLE RISK. THE WEBSITE AND ITS CONTENTS ARE PROVIDED WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS, ENDORSEMENT OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR ACCURACY AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS, WITH THE SOLE EXCEPTION OF WARRANTIES (IF ANY) WHICH CANNOT BE EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. AS NOTED BELOW, RELIANCE BANK ALSO MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS, ENDORSEMENTS OR WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ANY WEBSITE OPERATED BY A THIRD PARTY.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL RELIANCE BANK NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OR THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR BODILY INJURY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOOD WILL OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, WHETHER UNDER CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH ANY PARTY'S USE OF THE WEBSITE OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, LINE SYSTEM FAILURE, LOSS OF DATA OR LOSS OF USE RELATED TO ITS WEB SITE OR ANY WEBSITE OPERATED BY ANY THIRD PARTY OR ANY CONTENTS OF ITS WEBSITE OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE, EVEN IF RELIANCE BANK IS AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Links to Other Websites
Reliance Bank may establish links between its website and one or more websites operated by third parties. Reliance Bank has no control over the content or products/services of such websites. The existence of such third party linked websites shall not constitute an endorsement, representation or warranty by Reliance Bank of the contents, products/services or operators of such websites. Reliance Bank disclaims any responsibility for the privacy policies or security measures of such third party internet sites linked to our website.
Copyrights and Other Intellectual Property
Except where otherwise expressly noted or as noted below, all contents of this website, including the graphics, icons and overall appearance of the website, are the sole and exclusive property of Reliance Bank and/or its subsidiaries or affiliates. The posting of the contents of this website neither constitutes a waiver of any of Reliance Bank's proprietary rights or any other party's proprietary rights, including but not limited to, copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents and other intellectual property, nor a transfer by implication, estoppel or otherwise of any such rights or of any license to the website user or to any third party. Contents of this website are protected by United States and international copyright laws, both as individual works and as a collection and by United States and international trademark laws. You agree not to delete any copyright, trademark or similar notice from any contents you obtain from the website.
Use of Website
Contents are included in this website solely for the personal use of website users. You may not copy (other than a copy for personal use), modify, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, transfer, resell or republish any of the contents of this website without the prior written consent of Reliance Bank, which may be withheld in its sole discretion.
Online Banking Agreement